goodbye mark
For the past year, my younger brother Mark has been living with us. He graduated last year and decided to spend a year of his life volunteering at a health clinic as part of Americorps. Since he would be living here in Fort Collins, and we had a guest room sitting (usually) empty, he decided to live with us.
Now, this wouldn't work for everybody, and I think we were all a little unsure about how it would go, but it was great. We loved it, and we think he kind of enjoyed it too. Anya loved having him around. Probably she's too young to remember him being here, but I'm sure she'll always love him the best anyway. (Sorry Jason and Andrew).
Mark left this morning to move back east and go to medical school. We miss him already. I'm tearing up now just writing this. I got up this morning, and he was gone, and I was sad. So, Mark, good luck, but, you know, come visit us. Someday I promise the basement will be done and you can use the new shower.
Now, this wouldn't work for everybody, and I think we were all a little unsure about how it would go, but it was great. We loved it, and we think he kind of enjoyed it too. Anya loved having him around. Probably she's too young to remember him being here, but I'm sure she'll always love him the best anyway. (Sorry Jason and Andrew).
Mark left this morning to move back east and go to medical school. We miss him already. I'm tearing up now just writing this. I got up this morning, and he was gone, and I was sad. So, Mark, good luck, but, you know, come visit us. Someday I promise the basement will be done and you can use the new shower.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home