basement weekly
One of the things most managers at (my) work do is ask their employees to write weekly status reports, aka weeklies. Basically you write down everything you did that week. One of the wonderful qualities of my manager is that he doesn't make me do this. It earns him enormous brownie points with me. I hate that type of thing. But maybe we should do it for the basement. Lara reported last week, so here I am this week. And I've got pictures!
First up, a few pictures of the bathroom, which is farther along than any of the other rooms. Most everything is done in here. We just need to put up the mirror and the shower door, do a backsplash, and install the trim.



Here's another thing I've been working on, and it's the only remaining task until we can close out our building permit with all inspections passing. I knocked out the wall next to the stairway, so now I have to build a banister to keep people from falling off. It will be cool when it's done: I'll feel like a real carpenter!

Okay, now on to things we worked on this weekend. We started off by installing some shelves in the closet. Now we can actually organize a few things. :)

We primed almost the entire family room (the largest room by far). Why almost? We ran out of primer. We were so close, too. Probably another quart and it would be all done. Also, we painted the bedroom. It's yellow, for those of you who are color blind or reading this on 1980's CGA monitors. (50 points for anyone who can tell me what CGA stands for, or how many colors it has. No fair checking wikipedia, Mark.)

And last, but certainly not least, my newest toy, courtesy of some Christmas and birthday money, and a 20% off sale at Sears. (It's an air compressor)
First up, a few pictures of the bathroom, which is farther along than any of the other rooms. Most everything is done in here. We just need to put up the mirror and the shower door, do a backsplash, and install the trim.
Here's another thing I've been working on, and it's the only remaining task until we can close out our building permit with all inspections passing. I knocked out the wall next to the stairway, so now I have to build a banister to keep people from falling off. It will be cool when it's done: I'll feel like a real carpenter!
Okay, now on to things we worked on this weekend. We started off by installing some shelves in the closet. Now we can actually organize a few things. :)
We primed almost the entire family room (the largest room by far). Why almost? We ran out of primer. We were so close, too. Probably another quart and it would be all done. Also, we painted the bedroom. It's yellow, for those of you who are color blind or reading this on 1980's CGA monitors. (50 points for anyone who can tell me what CGA stands for, or how many colors it has. No fair checking wikipedia, Mark.)
And last, but certainly not least, my newest toy, courtesy of some Christmas and birthday money, and a 20% off sale at Sears. (It's an air compressor)

1 Comments:
Not just any air compressor, either. The thing weighs a TON! (I'm not joking, after completely under-estimating its weight, I about got a hernia)
Post a Comment
<< Home