would somebody please...
come and get rid of all of the dandelions in my yard? Thanks.
Actually, someone did come by and offer to do just that. Lara talked to him, not me, but evidently he asked "what are your plans for your yard this year." Umm, pretty much just like every other year, the bare minimum necessary to keep the neighbors from hating us and the grass from dying. I think she actually said something like, we'll be taking care of it ourselves. So then he asked "Don't you deserve a break from that this year." Well yeah, I think I do, but I'm still not going to sign up, sorry.
I get a little annoyed with "entitlement advertising" where the advertiser tells me what I deserve. "Don't you deserve a new bigscreen TV?" "Order that dessert. After everything you've been through, you deserve it." First of all, you don't know what I deserve. For all you know, what I deserve is a punch in the face, not a bigscreen TV. What I've been through? What I've been through is listening to your ad, so yeah I guess I do deserve that dessert. But it's not like you're offering to *give* me the dessert, after all I've been through. If that were the case, then heck yeah. But no, it's "after all you've been through, you deserve to pay $6 for this little piece of cake." Maybe you think I deserve a punch in the face after all.
Aah, I feel better now. Isn't it fun to rant?
Actually, someone did come by and offer to do just that. Lara talked to him, not me, but evidently he asked "what are your plans for your yard this year." Umm, pretty much just like every other year, the bare minimum necessary to keep the neighbors from hating us and the grass from dying. I think she actually said something like, we'll be taking care of it ourselves. So then he asked "Don't you deserve a break from that this year." Well yeah, I think I do, but I'm still not going to sign up, sorry.
I get a little annoyed with "entitlement advertising" where the advertiser tells me what I deserve. "Don't you deserve a new bigscreen TV?" "Order that dessert. After everything you've been through, you deserve it." First of all, you don't know what I deserve. For all you know, what I deserve is a punch in the face, not a bigscreen TV. What I've been through? What I've been through is listening to your ad, so yeah I guess I do deserve that dessert. But it's not like you're offering to *give* me the dessert, after all I've been through. If that were the case, then heck yeah. But no, it's "after all you've been through, you deserve to pay $6 for this little piece of cake." Maybe you think I deserve a punch in the face after all.
Aah, I feel better now. Isn't it fun to rant?

1 Comments:
so i guess you deserve a dandelion and knuckle sandwich.
free
Post a Comment
<< Home