Friday, December 26, 2008

truffles

One of the fun things about Christmas is trying new cooking projects. This was one of mine:


Cool, no? I got the recipe from Good Eats, naturally, but added a few variations. Clockwise from top, they're: coconut, sea salt, almonds, cocoa powder, plain. Yum.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

As a baker I am TOTALLY impressed... I have not yet attempted truffles!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

No mention of your sweet studio-quality photography? My cooking photos always have a distracting table or counter in the background. Nice! The sea salt ones sound interesting.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, actually the sea salt ones were pretty nasty. Way, way too much salt. Tasted like one of those big salty pretzels you get at the fair.

I was happy with the picture. I'm building up my portfolio for my second career in food photography. ;)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... looks tasty!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I dont even like chocolate and these truffles make me hungry.

Your blog is so fun. You never know what you will find when you come here.

:-)

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home