Sunday, October 08, 2006

vegas

Hi All. I'm in Las Vegas now: I just dropped Travis off at the airport, but my flight isn't until the morning, so I'm at a hotel for the night. I don't have time to report much tonight, so maybe I'll report this trip in bits and pieces so you don't get bored.

First of all, we never went to Mt Whitney. We decided to go to Zion National Park instead. It's in Utah. More about that later.

Tonight, when we got to Vegas, we decided to hit a buffet, which I guess is what you do in Vegas, other than gamble, which didn't interest us much. For me, buffets tend not to pay off, because I tend not to eat that much. But Travis was telling me about these fancy buffets that have things like crab legs and prime rib and other good stuff. So, while it may not pay off in quantity, it's a chance for me to try a little of a lot of different fancy foods, to see what I might want to actually order some time, without having to commit to a whole meal of, say, king crab legs.

So that's what we did.

It was good. I had creme brulee for the first time, that was good, and some other things. A lot of other things, in fact. I didn't really feel so good afterward, so maybe I overdid it. Live and learn.

Well, my wake up call will soon be here, so I should be off. More later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creme brulee? Don't you have a thing against creamy, white food? I guess creme brulee is kind of yellow-but still-way to venture out.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overdid it? I was ill for the ENTIRE LAS-BOS red-eye.... argh, I could barely move I was soo full. But was it worth it? Oh yes.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home