Tuesday, October 17, 2006

new cd

The Decemberists just released a new CD. For those of you who haven't heard me blab on, they're my favorite band. And also awesome. It goes without saying I'm going to have to buy it. I'm not the type of guy that goes into the record store at 12:01 a.m. to be the first to buy it, but yeah, I'm going to get it.

Funny thing is, last time they had a new CD, I bought it, and then it took me at least a week to listen to it. Partially, I wanted "the conditions" to be just right, I didn't want to just toss it in the stereo and then go make supper with it going in the background. Also, though, I was a little scared. What if it wasn't good? (It was good).

So yeah, I'll buy it. Hopefully I'll be brave enough to listen to it.

The CD is ranked #27 on amazon right now, which, frankly, is incredible. I mean, I love them, and I imagine a few dozen other nerds like me love them too, but #27? Unreal.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's go get it! Sure, it's snowing outside and our suitcases are barely cracked open, but we have an empty refrigerator and freezer, so we've got to get something to eat.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coincidentally on something I was looking up on the internet had this link to Decemberist rings you can download for your phone.
http://www.find-real-tones.com/4frt/artist.php?artist=The+Decemberists

I am always interested in what makes a certain type of music or group well liked. What about the Decemberists do you like most?

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home