is this normal?
Now, I know having a toddler that's a picky eater is nothing new, but sometimes she just blows my mind. Case in point...
On Saturday I was eating a pear. It was really good, ripe and juicy, really sweet. Now, this is the type of thing that a kid should love. It's like candy. Anya, of course, won't touch it. And I tried. I tried bribing, cajoling, I tried comparing it to juice, which she likes. I tried getting her to just lick it. No dice. And no big surprise.
So then later we were at Whole Foods. It's a good thing we don't go there very often because I tend to want to try things like 3 year aged gouda (the sign says "good with ale", how can I not?). And it's a good thing they sell it in small packages, because the price per pound is obscene.
So we take home the cheese. And I open it, and pour some ale. Lara takes a look, and a whiff, and won't come near it. I taste it, very strong. Takes some getting used to, but not bad. Anya takes a look, and starts whining "cheese..."
Yeah, she likes cheese, but Lara and I have a little giggle. I'll let her try some, and she'll probably spit it out, and we'll give her something normal, like cheddar or colby-jack. But no, she loves it. She eats more than I do. Little kids don't like strong tastes, they say. Not my kid. Turns down the pear, gobbles up the smelly cheese.
Wierdo.
On Saturday I was eating a pear. It was really good, ripe and juicy, really sweet. Now, this is the type of thing that a kid should love. It's like candy. Anya, of course, won't touch it. And I tried. I tried bribing, cajoling, I tried comparing it to juice, which she likes. I tried getting her to just lick it. No dice. And no big surprise.
So then later we were at Whole Foods. It's a good thing we don't go there very often because I tend to want to try things like 3 year aged gouda (the sign says "good with ale", how can I not?). And it's a good thing they sell it in small packages, because the price per pound is obscene.
So we take home the cheese. And I open it, and pour some ale. Lara takes a look, and a whiff, and won't come near it. I taste it, very strong. Takes some getting used to, but not bad. Anya takes a look, and starts whining "cheese..."
Yeah, she likes cheese, but Lara and I have a little giggle. I'll let her try some, and she'll probably spit it out, and we'll give her something normal, like cheddar or colby-jack. But no, she loves it. She eats more than I do. Little kids don't like strong tastes, they say. Not my kid. Turns down the pear, gobbles up the smelly cheese.
Wierdo.

1 Comments:
I just now saw this post. Somehow I missed it before. For anyone else still reading it...the cheese was so foul smelling. I couldn't even smell Anya's breath after eating it.
Post a Comment
<< Home