Sunday, February 01, 2009

paper

I don't talk much about work here, partially out of a healthy respect for the Intel legal team, and partially to avoid boring you, but this is out in public, so I figure it can't hurt.

Last month, the IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits, a.k.a the Red Rag, published an article with this unwieldy title:

A 65 nm 2-Billion Transistor Quad-Core Itanium Processor

Why do you care? I'm one of the authors, that's why. Yeah, sure, I'm the twelfth of twelve named authors, and I'm only responsible for a couple of paragraphs out of a thirteen page paper, but still, I think it's pretty cool. I've never been an author on a paper before.

I'm sure you're all itching to read it, but you'll need an IEEE membership or access to an engineering library to get the full article, sorry. (I know, disappointing, right?) You can look at the abstract if you want. There, wasn't that fun?

Nearly a year ago, I started typing something up about what I do, and the gratification of seeing something you worked on actually manufactured and working. I never finished it, and it's still sitting there in my drafts, but maybe this is a good excuse to pull it out and post it. Look for that "coming soon."

(oh, and Intel lawyers: "Not speaking for Intel Corp.")

8 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Yea! My brother is published! However you minimize it, I'm still proud of you.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait? you work for intel?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Ssh, don't say it so loud. They'll hear you.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're allowed to talk about Intel on a public site? Congrats on the paper!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Buffy said...

super cool!

6:37 AM  
Blogger hobo13 said...

http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~simpkins/somepaper.pdf

OK, now which couple of paragraphs are yours? :-)

And how did you claim the last author spot? Don't you realize that's reserved for big-wig professors, managers, and / or fellows?

10:00 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

section IV, part D. "Cross clock-domain synchronization." pg 24-25.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the paper, Steve! Isn't it great to see your name amongst the bigwigs?

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home