deckitude
It's been awhile with no deck posts. Decktastic part 1 should've had a part 2 and part 3, but that never happened. Suffice to say, progress has been made, albeit slowly. We finished the framing while my dad and uncle were here, and then I took care of a few miscellaneous errata before it was time for the moment of truth, putting down the actual deck surface. There were a couple of hitches with that, lets just say the pneumatic nailer was a better idea in theory than in practice, so I started over again with screws, which is slower but looks a lot nicer.
So, now most of the deck surface is on, plus as an added bonus a good part of the arbor is done, too, which pretties things up nicely, if you ask me. The end is in sight, but I still need some railings, benches, stairs, and other finishing touches. If history is a guide, that will take much longer than I think. Here are some pictures.

Anya is blurry because she's jumping on a board.


The view from our back door.

Also from the back door, looking up. (It looks uneven because half of the boards are just sitting up there, unattached, so they're not spaced evenly. That'll be fixed.)


From the back yard. You can see the beginnings of stairs there in the middle, and a railing waiting to be installed on the left.
Pretty nice, no?
So, now most of the deck surface is on, plus as an added bonus a good part of the arbor is done, too, which pretties things up nicely, if you ask me. The end is in sight, but I still need some railings, benches, stairs, and other finishing touches. If history is a guide, that will take much longer than I think. Here are some pictures.
Anya is blurry because she's jumping on a board.
The view from our back door.
Also from the back door, looking up. (It looks uneven because half of the boards are just sitting up there, unattached, so they're not spaced evenly. That'll be fixed.)
From the back yard. You can see the beginnings of stairs there in the middle, and a railing waiting to be installed on the left.
Pretty nice, no?

3 Comments:
This looks amazing, and what a change to back yard. I imagine you are going to love having the extra space to eat, hang-out, and play. I look forward to seeing the finished product in person.
wow! this is truly amazing - i didn't know it would have a cover of any sorts - cool! what's that called again - a pergola (sp?)
VERY impressive
It looks great, can't wait to sit on it and enjoy it with you.
Post a Comment
<< Home