Saturday, March 28, 2009

two fun tidbits

Last weekend, after I put the car door panel back in (the inside part of the door that separates you from the sheet metal), I noticed that I couldn't open the door anymore. I figured I must have messed up something with the latch, so I proceeded to yank the panel back off. Of course, this was a lot harder to do, since the door was closed, and wouldn't open. I finally got it off, and the door still wouldn't open. So I fiddled around with the latch, etc. At which point I realized I hadn't messed anything up with the latch after all. The door was just locked. So, next time you think something is wrong with your car door, first check to see if maybe it's just locked.

And then so today, I was sitting at the computer with a bowl of nuts and a beer, reading some webpage or something. Absentmindedly, I reached over for some nuts. Except that I put my hand in the beer instead. Nice. And before anyone asks, no it was not my fourth or fifth beer. I only had one. I'm that clumsy stone sober.

3 Comments:

Anonymous lara said...

seriously? get it together before we get back, okay? :-)

7:28 AM  
Blogger hobo13 said...

That's OK. I got a call a month or so ago from my tenants saying the shower drain was clogged. They had tried using a coat hanger to unclog it, had pour draino down it, and were resorting to not showering because it took 8 hours for the water to drain afterwards. I'm like, OK, I'll come look at it.

I get there, run some water in the tub, and sure enough it doesn't drain. I proceed to open up the service chase, fiddle around, but can't find anything. Eventually I go back to the tub, only to notice that the level that controls the drain is in the UP position! Well, duh, of course the water isn't draining from the tub!

Being a good landlord, I was polite to the tenants, and rather than yelling at them for being idiots, I proceeded to explain to them the finer points of how the drain stopper works.

So yea, this really wasn't my fault for being an idiot, but I probably shouldn't have assumed that they knew what they were talking about either!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Michelle said...

Oh my, that was hilarious-I was laughing out loud :)

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home